How does home page get set?

Feb 20, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Hello.
When enabling the module and i go in and create a new page I do not get the option to set as home page.
Why is this happening?
How do you manage home pages when using this module.
Thanks
Apr 1, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2014 at 12:01 AM
I am also having this issue using Orchard 1.8.
Note that I have upgraded the RM.Localization to .Net 4.5 and replaced any ASP.NET MVC reference to the current one: MVC 5.1 for which the dll can be found in the lib folders of the latest Orchard src..
Apr 2, 2014 at 6:56 AM
figured it out.
the shape that renders the checkbox is overriden by rm.localization.
Enable Alias UI feature and set the home page from there.
giannis
Apr 2, 2014 at 4:14 PM
I can only make "/" point to one culture using the Alias UI. So I have to choose a default culture.
If I enter "/" I have to set it to only one content such as "Content/whatever/34". So whenever I access the translation of that content, the layout does not know that it is "another" homepage but only translated. Am I comprehensible?
Apr 21, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Hi,

Worked it out by replacing
        if (aliasMap.TryGetAlias(currentCulture, out routeValues))
by
        if (currentCulture.Contains("fr-") || currentCulture.Contains("en-") || currentCulture.Contains("nl-"))
In LocalizedHomeController.cs

Then, I've set my homepages using the routes /fr-be, /en-us, /nl-be and fixed the locales aliases with the shadow localization.

Call me dumb but I still don't get the whole TryGetAlias with the dictionary set to null (IDictionary<string, string> routeValues = null;). If you got this one, I'd be glad to hear from you :D

R,
Od
Aug 19, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Thanks by default the 1.8 orchard doesn't binds homepage with choosen localization .Problem fixed by clicking save on alias ui module on "/" with the my content type.

Thanks again giannik